Standard Sand Filter
Price on application
Sediment filters are needed when the water supply is cloudy or turbid. The easiest way to remove the particles is by passing the water through a media where the particles get trapped allowing clear water to flow through. The particles can be periodically backwashed away to drain. Sand is the ideal media for this. Only the highest quality, triple washed 0.4 to 0.8mm size water treatment grade sand is used in these systems typically reducing particles to about 40m.
Part Ref Service flow (m3/hr) Backwash flow (m3/hr) Connection size Footprint Price Width (mm) Depth (mm) Height (mm) 1054/WS1/FS 1.5 1.9 1" 269 390 1597 POA 1252/WS1/FS 2.2 2.7 1" 315 390 1597 POA 1354/SW1/FS 2.5 3.1 1" 341 390 1584 POA 1465/WS1/FS 3 3.6 1" 369 390 1870 POA 1665/WS1/FS 3.7 4.8 1" 406 406 1875 POA 1865/WS1/FS 4.8 6 1" 510 510 1997 POA
Important Notes Regarding Selection
- When selecting a suitable sand filter, care should be taken to ensure you have enough water available to backwash (clean) the filter correctly. For example if you have a flow rate of 1m3/hr, you may select model 1354/WS1/SAND, however this unit will require a flow rate of 2m3/hr to backwash for a period of approx 15mins. You would therefore require 500ltr of water for the backwash process at a flow rate of 2m3/hr to clean the filter efficiently.
- A minimum pressure of 2bar at the filter is required for operation
- A drain is required for the filter to gravitate the waste water into during backwash
- Not suitable for pump systems operated via float switches
- If you are in any doubt about your selection - please contact a member of our sales team