Pasture Pump - Cattle
Pasture pump for alternative watering for livestock, to prevent river bank erosion.
Where there is a requirement to fence off watercourses, an alternative source of drinking water must be found for livestock.
Continuous stock access can lead to bank-side erosion, damage to vegetation and problems with sediment and pollutants entering the watercourse. Off stream pasture pumps provide a good alternative.
The pasture pump is comprised of a water bowl fitted with a lever-operated diaphragm pump which is pushed by the cow’s nose as it presses forward to drink. History has shown that livestock are
quick to learn the operation. The pasture pump is positioned in the field and secured to a firm base such as a railway sleeper or concrete block. It is very easy to install and relatively cheap in relation to the
installation of mains water pipes. Available with a side bowl for juvenile animals.
The installation of a footvalve and strainer is advised to keep the suction pipe primed.
Recommended for cattle
• Smooth-running membrane pasture pump; the animals can quickly learn how to operate the pump
• The animals extract water independently from existing wells or surface water, and thus have a constant supply of fresh water
• Operating lever made of high-quality cast iron, plastic coated
• Bowl made of sturdy UV-resistant polyethylene
• With high-quality membrane for suction depths of up to 7mtr
• Sufficient to supply 15 - 20 animals
Suction Hose Kits available in 7mtr, 10mtr and 15mtr. Longer kits available upon request.